Thursday, July 28, 2005

Another Day, Another Dollar

I had to work today. I worked from 11:30 until 5:00. For the most part, it was like any other day at work. But then this lady came through my line. She was putting stuff on the conveyor belt, and then she handed me her bonuscard. She noticed my name tag. She told me that it was a pretty name. I said thank you. She asked me if I were hispanic or catholic. I answered no. But anyway, turns out she is from Italy. So we talked a bit. I told her that my friend was going to Italy (that's you, Sher). She told me about this girl she grew up with in Italy (whose name was also Carmen). I tell ya what, I have never had so many conversations about my name. But since I've been working at Bilo, I've had several.

When I worked at Whitefords, there were always the guys (read: older men) who thought it was funny to hold on to the money when they were paying. Now, it is happening at Bilo. This is a major pet peeve of mine. It isn't funny. It is stupid.

I'm toying with the idea of temping. Now, I know this isn't a profession, but it will give me flexibility and some experience. Who knows...

I was thinking today about the future. I don't know what in the world is in store for me, even next week. But right now, I don't care. The not knowing is totally exciting. I mean a year from now, I could be married. I could be in Europe. I could have a great job. I could be living in California. Who knows...


Here's to owning a '84 Volvo...

No comments: