I think I've written about my love for the Food Network in here before, but let me reemphasize my obsession with it. I love to watch them make the food. I don't know why. I guess it takes the place of me cooking. It is depressing and impractical for me to cook for myself. I never how long I will crave a certain food, so there is always the possibility that I won't want to eat all of what I cooked. But anyway. One of my favorite cooks on the Food Network is Tyler Florence, even if he needs a haircut and uses too much product in his hair. I don't like Emeril. He annoys me.
One of my new favorite songs is "Almost" by Bowling for Soup. I have also been reminded of my love of the song "I'm Real" by J. Lo (not the remix, the original).
I was off from work today. It was heavenly. Next week I work during the day, instead of at night which is what I have worked. Also next week, Big League starts. That should be TONS of fun. I will have to sit at the desk in Stu-B some. The summer is winding down. It won't be long before the ministry teams get back. Then Michelle and I will have to check people in and out of their rooms. I have to move at some point. I am not looking forward to the actual moving of my stuff. I remember the horridness of me moving everything to this apartment. But at least I just have to carry the stuff down to my car instead of back up to a third floor apartment. But then I will have my very own house (sort of). I don't think it has sunk in that I will be living there. It is still like a mirage or something of the sort.
The last time I was at home, my dad called me up during a church service to present me with a little gift from the church. It was the book Waking the Dead by John Eldredge. I haven't read much of it yet, but I plan to. What I have read was good. Maybe as I read it, I will share in this here blog.
It is hot today. It has been hot all this week. It doesn't look like we'll be getting a relief from the heat for a while.
Cary and I've talked a good deal on im this week. She's been dispensing some really good advice. God really blessed me with some solid friends at SWU.
And in honor of C. Rod, the song of the day is:
"Country Grammar" -- Nelly
No comments:
Post a Comment