I've been watching the Weather Channel off and on this afternoon (took a nap sometime during the afternoon). I remember a time when my family and I had to watch the regular news channels to get our information about weather. But that time is long gone. I normally only watch the Weather Channel for the Local on the 8's in the morning when I miss the local news channel's weather. Anyway, I've been watching the stuff on Dennis the hurricane. I've always enjoyed watching the reporters as the hurricanes approach, and they stay out in the weather as long as possible. Then the wind and rain start. It is just the greatest. I know that if I had to deal with the destruction that a hurricane brings, or if I were at risk because of one, I probably wouldn't think it was so great.
So, I grew up a little bit today. I signed a lease. Should I feel different? I have taken a step into adulthood, one that I can't take back. I am in this for a least a year. We went over to the Pepper house this morning, and read over the lease, signed it, Jenny wrote the check, and we are roomies. This summer I have been reminded over and over again how your live can change in an instant, and sometimes you don't even take notice. Sometimes you dont' even want it to happen. I am excited about the house, though. It is not perfect, but I think it will fit us
nicely.
My jeans have a hole in the knee. I am quite upset by this. I'm not sure how it got there. And I don't have the money to buy more jeans right now, but anyway. I guess I'll deal.
The Howie Day song "Collide" makes me think of Paris when I hear it. I just heard it a minute ago, and I was taken back to the city of lights. My dad and I had a routine in the morning. He would get first, get ready, wake me up, and then go downstairs for coffee while I got ready. And while I was getting ready, I would watch tv, and there was a music video show on in the morning, so I would watch that. And "Collide" came on like everyday, and that was when I first started to like that song. And now I like it even more because it makes me think about Paris, FRANCE.
I got the urge to throw some stuff away the other day. So I decided to clean out from under my bed, which is where a lot of my stuff is stored. Well, I was going through some papers, and I came across a quote from Oswald Chambers' My Utmost for His Highest that I had typed up to do something with, and apparently I never did anything with it. So I will now. I want to share it with Sher, and whoever else reads this thing.
"We must never put our dreams of success as God's purpose for us; His purpose may be exactly the opposite...We have an idea that God is leading us to a particular end, a desired goal; He is not...His purpose is that I depend on Him and on His power now...It is the process, not the end which is glorifying to God...God's training is for now, not presently. His purpose is for this minute, not for something in the future...God's end is to enable me to see that He can walk on the chaos of my life just now...if we realize that obedience is the end, then each moment as it comes is precious." -O. Chambers
My mom gave me an Old Navy giftcard, and I am going to spend it later today. I quite excited. This basically free new clothes. Yay. I know what your thinking; I mentioned the need for new jeans earlier in this post, but I need some "interview clothes" and a least one more pair of khakis for my part time work at Bilo. Speaking of jobs, I have sent some more applications and resumes out. Here's hoping. I still am hoping for one of those library jobs at Clemson, so if you would say a little prayer, I would greatly appreciate it.
I gotta finish getting ready to go to Old Navy.
If Cary, Lindsay, or Ruthie is reading this, I miss our trips to Anderson and to Old Navy. Remember when we used to go shopping, and we'd get back and Nicole never failed to be outside we got back and to say something to us about always going shopping.
Song of the Day: "Collide" by Howie Day
I'm quiet you know
You make a frist impression
I've found I'm scared to know I'm always on your mind
Even the best fall down sometimes
Even the wrong words seem to rhyme
Out of the doubt that fills my mind
I somehow find
You and I collide
(verse and chorus rearranged a bit)
No comments:
Post a Comment