Tonight I am headed up to SC Campmeeting. Table Rock is one of my favorite places in the world. I haven't missed a campmeeting/family camp in years. When I was younger, it was a great time to get to see my friends from all over the district. We got to see each other twice a year, camp and campmeeting. Campmeeting was great because it was way more relaxed than camp....much more freedom. But the youth tract was fun. We'd do things in the afternoon, and have afterglows after the evening services. Great memories. Now, I go back because the services are usually good, plus the memories. I am a sucker for memories.
I just had one of my new favorite meals: chicken nuggets and a caesar side salad from Wendys. Good stuff, I totally recommend it.
I went for a run/walk today. I know this is only my second day in the process, but it was already a bit easier than the first time. I'm just saying. I'm pretty psyched about this whole goal thing. I think Cary and I can really do it.
I had an interview today. My first "real" one. It was a bit nerve-wracking. I guess it went ok. Who knows. But I did my best, so we'll see. When i was getting ready to go to the interview, I looked in the mirror, and I thought to myself, "Wow, Carmen, you're gorgeous." Just kidding, I didnt' think that; what I did think was the fac tthat I looked like a grown-up. Like someone who had a 9-5 job. It was kind of a shock because most of the time, I am in t-shirts and jeans. I feel like I've made a transition without really knowing it.
My parents are heading down to Alabama tomorrow for the South Coastal Family Celebration. I went last year, and it wasn't that fun. Glad I'm not going this year.
My life is pretty much a bore these days. I don't have much to write about. This whole post has been a struggle to put together. I will say this to end with: My grandmother makes the best mac and cheese in the world. I defy you to try to change my mind.
No comments:
Post a Comment