Saturday, July 23, 2005

K5

When I was in kindergarten, my mom and her friend from work took turns taking me and my friend Jason to school. This continued through first grade, after which we moved away from Laurens. The reason I mention this is because I ran across a episode of of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles this morning while I was flipping through the channels. When it was Jason's mom's turn to take us to school, my mom would drop me off at their house, and we would watch TMNT until it was time to go to school. I only watched it when I was at his house, so when I see anything TMNT, I think of him and kindergarten.

I did something today that I have never done before. I went to Subway for dinner, and I ate by myself. Usually, if I am by myself, I get my food to go. Not today. This was a big step for me. I took a book, Passion and Purity, to read while I was eating. I actually enjoyed it. I was shocked. I guess I am getting more and more independent.

I don't know about anyone else, but I really can't stand the new Backstreet Boys song. It annoys the crap out of me.

Bilo tried to make me work tomorrow during church. I had to lay down the law with them. I said, EXCUSE ME. I told them when they interviewed me that I couldn't work Sunday mornings because I go to church. There was to be no negotiation on this point. I will not move on this point. So, I had to write the manager a note because she wasn't there to tell her that I was not going to be able to work the 11-5 hours that I had been assigned. So, now I am working 2-7. I can't wait until I get a job with which I have weekends off. Hopefully it is in the near future.

I wish something funny had happened today so I could share that, but it has been a pretty boring day. I did almost run into a car with my car. I was pulling out, and I forgot to look back to my left to make sure no one was coming. But all is well, I didn't hit the car, but I did feel pretty stupid.

I went to Old Navy this afternoon. That is where I was headed when I almost had the accident. I had a gift card. I got a pair of pants and two shirts. There wasn't much that I felt like buying.

I'm watching The West Wing. This is one of my favorite shows. It makes me feel smarter, and it also makes me want to be a politician. Or do something good for the people of the world.

Well, I just made a pot of coffee, so I'm going to fix myself a cup.

Song of the day: "I Got You Babe" -- Sonny and Cher

No comments: