Sunday, July 17, 2005

Fire in the Hole

I had to work today. I went in at 4pm and got off around 9pm. It was the first time I was by myself, w/o someone training me. I was there about an hour when the lights started flickering. Everyone kept looking around as if to try to decide what was going on. Then a worker from the back of the store came running up to the front, and he ran over to the manager. He said something to her in a concerned voice. Turns out, a transformer blew, and there was a fire. So, the people in charge went into overdrive. I went about my business of checking people out and smiling while I did it.

I had a milkshake today in honor of it being national ice cream day. Peanut butter chocolate chip milkshake from Waterwheel. Gotta love it.

Called my mom tonight. Don't do that much because of my dislike of the phone. Good to talk to her.

SC Campmeeting started today. I'll be going up sometime this week. Memories, oh the memories.

No comments: