Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Bilo: The Name Fits

So, I finally got a job. And for that I'm grateful. It is at Bilo. I just went in to apply. My plan was to go to at least ten places today and apply for jobs. So I went to one place, filled the application out, and left. Well, I stopped at Bilo to fill out the app. there; it was on a computer. It took me a while to fill it out, and then I went to the service desk to talk to the manager for what I thought would just be a greeting and letting him know that I was interested, or whatnot. Well, from then it gets a little hazy because apparently I hit the hiring season at Bilo. I talked with two people, the manager and a woman. Then I was wisked upstairs to take the Cashier test and the Fruit and Vegetable Recognition Test, followed by the Bagging quiz. And then, the manager asked me if I could start right away, and I said yes. And he asked, "Can you work Monday from 4-10?" And I said yes. And I have to go in tomorrow to sign papers and whatever. It just came all of a sudden. I went from being jobless to having a job. This job is not a good paying one, so the search will continue, for sure. But for now, I have money to get the house w/ my soon-to-be roomies. So that is good. I am still hoping that a job at Clemson will work out. Better money (without a doubt) and benefits.

So, I traveled back to SWU last night. It rained on me almost the whole way, but that's alright. I can handle it. The traffic was a bit heavy on account of the holiday. Stupid people on Loop 10 kept breaking and were parked on the side of the road to look at fireworks. I got upset with them, but I've also dealt with this.What I am still not over is the fact that when I got back to SWU, I was accosted by a short hispanic man. Now, for those of you who know me well, you know that I do NOT talk to random strangers. Anyway, I was just going to continue my trek up the three flights of stairs. Well, this kid said something to me. I didn't understand him, and I felt that maybe he was here visiting someone and needed some help. So I turned around, and asked him what he said. He said, and I quote, "Why you so lonely?" At this, I rolled my eyes and turned back around and started up the stairs. As is my custom, I called my mother to tell her that I hadmade it back safely. I looked down, and he was sitting on a car, looking up at me. But I think by this time, he saw the phone and must've guessed that I was calling the cops or something. I wasquite freaked out. I came in and locked the door. Michelle wasn't here. I called Jenny to ask her if she thought the situation warranted a call to the security guard. She said yes; so I called the security guard at the office and the cell phone and no one answered. By this time, someone was knocking on the door, and it turned out to be Michelle thankfully, but I could hear her talking to someone. It turned out that the guy had run across the parking lot to talk to her, and then followed her up to the apartment. She came in, then we waited for her sister to come in, and we closed the door. I called Sarah "the RD" (I think we woke her up) and told her the situation. So she and her husband came over to talk to the guy. She came up to brief us on the situation, while her husband talked with the guy and eventually walked the guydown the road. Sarah said he was obviously drunk. This is why I don't talk to strangers.

Show of the day: rerun of One Tree Hill

No comments: