Monday, July 11, 2005

Tornado Warning

So, I woke up this morning much later than originally intended. Last night, I set my alarm for 7:00am, so that I could get up to do some stuff (exercise, whatnot). This did not happen. I awoke after 10:00am. When I did eventually wake up, I turned on the TV and found out that my county was under a tornado warning. I started to worry. I live on the third floor, and the plan is for us on the third floor to go to the bottom floor for protection. So, I went ahead and got up, and I began to form a plan in my mind in case of a tornado. I went outside to check the conditions; I used by extensive experience in meteorology to assess the situation. I came back in and proceeded to get on the Internet, and found a map of the county. The Weather Channel was saying that the warning was for the northwestern part of the county. It turns out I am in the southern part of the county. The storm was definitely moving toward NC. I had no need to worry. So, I settled down to watch A Different World.

I start at Bilo today. I think I am going to ride by the house first to remind myself why I am working at Bilo. I need to make money while I look for a better job. This is only temporary. This is only temporary. This is only temporary. That was for me; I have to keep reminding myself of this. This is not a career . I am not stuck in this cashier job forever. There are other opportunities for me; I just need the money (even if it is not a lot) right now. I already have another job that is a possibility.

I'm thinking about giving up red meat. I was thinking about it this morning. I have to weigh the pros and cons of this. The major con is, of course, my love of hamburgers and steak and other such things.

Well, I gotta get a shower and get ready. I can't believe I have to work tonight. This is crazy. I wish my hours were during the day. I don't like having work hanging over me all day. Then I am less inclined to do things during the day. It is a psychological thing.

No comments: