Saturday, June 25, 2005

Unexpected Fun

Last night, I started out to go to the Waterwheel to get a peanut butter chocolate chip milkshake (my fave at the moment), and I was intercepted by an invite to go see Monster-in-Law at the Astro. So, I went. It was a cute movie. It made me realize that maybe I should start praying, not for a husband, but for a mother-in-law that I can get along with. Anyway, not going to worry about that now.

I've picked up a new interest: tennis. I watched some of the French Open while I was in Paris because they showed it like non-stop while we were there. And now, I've been watching Wimbledon. It makes me want to go out and learn how to play. But I can't seem to stinkin' figure out how the scoring works, but I like watching anyway.

Last night I was going around to do rounds, and I am pretty sure I swallowed a bug. I will have to admit that I was pretty freaked out about it. I don't really like bugs, and I VERY MUCH don't like them in my mouth. It has distressed me for awhile now. I keep thinking about it, and it grosses me out.

So, I've been walking some in the afternoon. It usually is pretty hot, but I over look this fact because of the sun factor. And I will have to say that my arms at least are not the ghostly white that they were. I inherited my father's genes in the ability to tan department. My mom tans very easily, but Dad, not so much. Therefore, I have to work doubly hard to get any sort of tan. Usually I don't have the patience, and that is why I've chosen to do the walking in the afternoon when I feel that I can get the most sun. Now, my bit of color does not come close to a tan, but I guess I have to be happy with what I get, eh?

I was invited to go to a yardsale today. Now, I just want to say, first of all, that I don't have any thing against yardsales or those who love to go to them. But for some reason, the mere thought of going to one made my stomach turn. When I was growing up, we didn't go to many, but I think the few that we did go to left a bad taste, if you will. I think it was a combination of having to get up early on a Saturday, and then being stuck riding around to different ones and getting out and looking through people's stuff. I don't know. I just know that my instinct was to just say no to the yardsale.

I went up to Table Rock on Wednesday for one of the evening services of Senior High camp. Sarah T. went with me. We got free ice cream out of it, so that was good. Plus, I got out of my room for a couple of hours and that is always good.

I hope I can come up with something to do. Last weekend, I didn't have any plans, and I ended up hanging out w/ 3/4 of Second Witness and going to Atami Express and Baskin Robbins. So, I'll just have to wait and see. If it is something that is greatly exciting (or probably even if it is just mildly entertaining), I'll post in here.

Oh yeah, on account of seeing the E! special on Ricky Martin a couple of times (not all the way through either time), I broke out the cd. That's right. I relived my youth with a little "Livin' La Vida Loca" and "Shake Your Bon-Bon". I tell you what was interesting was how many words I remembered. I haven't listened to that cd in ages. It was crazy. I listened to it while I was walking, and I just wanted to sing along, and probably would have but I didn't want people to think I was crazy.

Here's to spontaneous Saturday plans.

No comments: