For a couple of days now, I have been kinda negative. Feeling sorry for myself. Feeling lonely. Missing my family. But not right now. I will be positive because I have so much to be thankful for. I have somewhere to live for the moment, and if push comes to shove, I can go home at the end of the summer and try to find a job there. I have free cable and internet, without which I would have gone crazy by now. I have money in the bank because I graduated, and some very kind people gave me some monetary gifts. Plus I get paid for this RA thing (a little bit, but it is money none the less). I'm not all alone up here. I can call my parents or friends whenever I want to. Plus I am still alive. So there is some optimism for you. God is good. It would do me well to dwell on that more often. He got me through four years here at SWU. I know that He has a plan for my life, and in that I will take my refuge.
I finished Redeeming Love last night. What a good book! It made me think in a way Christian fiction has not ever made me think. It was almost like a devotional toward the end. I'll have to say that I was kinda skeptical of it when I first started it. I haven't read any Christian fiction in several years, choosing classic literature instead. But it was a refreshing suprise, and I would suggest it to anyone (mostly females, but I guess guys could read it too if they wanted). Thanks to you, Kristyn, for allowing me to borrow this great book.
I have two hymns to end this post with:
"Count your blessing, name them one by one.
Count your blessings; see what God hath done.
Count your blessings; name them one by one.
Count your blessings; see what God hath done."
and
O Lord my God, When I in awesome wonder,
Consider all the worlds Thy Hands have made;
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder,
Thy power throughout the universe displayed.
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art
.Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art!
No comments:
Post a Comment