The Food Network is one of my favorite channels. I can leave it on when I go to bed at night, and I know that nothing scandalous will awake me. And when nothing else is on, there is almost always something worth watching on this channel. So, here's to the creators of the Food Network.
Tonight I'm going up to Table Rock for the Wednesday night service of Junior High Camp. I love Table Rock. So many memories, even in the tabernacle. But we won't go there.
Last night, I had to go watch the gym for what was supposed to be an hour, but turned into an hour and a half. I sat in the game room, reading my book and watching Full House. A few kids from the jazz camp that is now on campus came in (which is why I was there). I was reminded how grateful I am not in high school anymore.
Still no luck on the job front, but I'm pressing on. Gotta keep getting out there, filling out applications, and trying to convince people that I am totally right for the job. Stupid people don't realize what a great worker they are passing up on when they don't hire me.
I caught some of the Brad Pitt interview last night on tv. I saw the part when he was at a hospital in Africa. I remembered the people that I met when I was in Zambia. There was Sharon at the secondary school. We met when the team spent the day just hanging out at the school. She has dreams of furthering her education. Then there were the children we met at the orphanage. How adorable were they!!! That was hands down my favorite part of the trip. The kids were so great. We sang with them, made the toy chickens, and played games. It was amazing. These kids who parentless, and they were all smiles and giggles. I am so thankful that I got to be a part of that trip. God taught me much on that trip; not the least of which was the fact that I can live without my luggage.
I gotta find something to eat for lunch.
Here's to finding a job (even if it is at Walmart -- hey money is money).
No comments:
Post a Comment