Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Out the Window

I was just walking up the stairs to my apartment, and I happened to look over and there was the moon. It is beautiful tonight. I can see it from my seat in front of this here computer and out my window. It is amazing. It is a yellowy-orange, and every once in and a while, and it is gorgeous. I love the moon. It was one of my favorite things.

I went for a ride this evening. I stopped at McDonalds for my cup of tea, and then drove around Clemson a bit. I hadn't really done anything all day, so I was aching to be out of the apartment. It was nice.

It is the first day of summer. I guess I'm not waiting for the summertime when the weather's fine anymore.

I'm wishing I could turn back time tonight. I'm wishing it was the summer before my freshman year. That was a great year. It started with orientation, and the fun didn't stop. We did more that year than the other three years. We became friends that year. I was so nervous when my family dropped me off, and I wasn't sure if I could do it. But I'm here to say that I did (obviously). I wouldn't want to do the work again, but to have those nights and weekends would be a good thing.

"May integrity and uprightness protect me, because my hope is in you." Psalm 258:21

Song of the day: "No Diggity" -- Blackstreet
Thought of the day: If I don't get a job soon, I'm going to go insane.

1 comment:

Stevan said...

I too saw the moon last night and was amazed at its beauty!! I think it is VERY cool that we are both - as Fievel says - beneath the pale moonlight! :) haha and for kicks here's the lyrics to that great old song!!
Fv: Somewhere out there,
beneath the pale moonlight,
someone's thinking of me and loving me tonight.

Ty: Somewhere out there,
someone's saying a prayer,
that we'll find one another in that big somewhere out there.

(*)Ty: And even though I know how very far apart we are,
it helps to think we might be wishing on the same bright star.

Fv: And when the night wind starts to sing a lonesome lullaby,
it helps to think we're sleeping underneath the same big sky.

Together: Somewhere out there,
if love can see us through,
then we'll be together, somewhere out there,
out where dreams come true.