My good friend Kristyn rescued me tonight. I had been at home all day long (minus a very brief Walmart trip that I didn't even want to make). She came by and wanted to know if I wanted to go to SUbway with her. I had already eaten, but I went anyway. Then we went to the Waterwheel, and I got my new favorite...the cake batter (which is divine!!). It was good to get out for a bit. I am now in her dorm room while she is at the prayer walk. I am on her new laptop, which I am jealous of.
We had a Greek salad for dinner tonight. It was really good. Jenny grilled some chicken tenders on the George Forman. A very pleasant supper.
I caught part of a show on VH! called Tracking the Monster (or something like that). It focuses on AIDS in Africa and similar places. Ashley Judd and someone else go to these countries and talk to the people. I was way intrigued. I didn't get to see a lot of the show, but I am pretty sure I will be able to see it at a later date (it is cable, ya know). Ever since my trip to Zambia, I have been more focused and more aware of the AIDS plight. It is incredible how ill-educated the citizens of the African nations are when it comes to HIV and AIDS. The television show explained that most people don't get tested, and then even if they do get tested, if they have to wait or come back for them, they usually don't. So, they remain ignorant of their status. It is sad that this is even a problem. I don't know what I want to do with my life, but I do know that at least with part of my time on this earth, I want to work somehow w/ an organization that helps the African countries with AIDS and AIDS education.
I am so excited. Katie and Lindz are coming down next weekend. We are going to have so much fun. It is going to be "da bomb." This is really good because I have a great song that I want to share with them. THey probably haven't heard it before, and it is really good!! :).
Kris has got some old school songs on her computer, and it is great. Right now I am listening to K.C. and JoJo "All My Life." Takes me back.
K...peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment