Today is Saturday. I had grand plans of sleeping in. This plan did not work out. My nasal passages are stopped up, and I couldn't breathe. So I woke up at 5am, fell back asleep sometime after 5:30, and then woke up again sometime after 7am. This is wholly unfair. I've been tired all week and have been looking forward to this oppurtunity to sleep in. You see, last Saturday I had to go to training in G-ville and had to be there at 8:30am and had to wake up quite early. So, this week was the chance to redeem those hours lost. I'm guessing that there will be a nap sometime today.
I thought of something really good to write about yesterday and now have forgotten it. Oh well.
One of my favorite movies is on tv: Sense and Sensibility. I love this movie. I remember the first time I ever saw it. We were supposed to go to see Titanic at the movie theater, but my sister got sick, and we had to stay home. I was quite upset. So, we went to Blockbuster, and my mom picked out S&S. I made up my mind to hate it; I had absolutely no interest in watching it. But then, as the story began to unfold (and Hugh Grant appeared on the screen), I fell in love with it. The scenery is beautiful. The characters are well developed. I had never read any Jane Austen at this time, but already I knew that she would be a favorite of mine. So, I thank you, Mother, for picking out this movie and making me watch it. Thank you, sis, for getting sick that one fateful day back in 1997/1998. If you've never seen it, especially if you are a girl, go out and rent it. Let me say two word to you: Hugh Grant. You'll love it.
I made a great pot of coffee this morning. I mean really, a GREAT pot of coffee. I'm making it extra strong these days, and I'm loving it.
I may be going to Pizza Inn this evening. I hope it works out because once the idea of chocolate chip pizza has been entertained, it cannot be denied.
Was missing my SWU girls last night. I went to Sine Qua Non with Katie and Lauren and a few other people, and SWUper Chat was missed. Those were the good ole days I guess. How bizarre.
I think I'll read some of my travel journals today. I love reminiscing about the trips i've taken. I really want to go somewhere this year. I don't know how I'm going to work that out because I dont' have a lot of money these days. I think my first choice for overseas travel for this year would be Turkey. My sis is going there later this year, and as I would probably never just pick Turkey as a travel destination, a visit to see Laur is a great reason. But we'll see.
Speaking of money, I've got restart my job search. I like the work I do now, but I'm pretty sure this isn't all God has planned for me. I guess I'll look for opportunities here and my possible new city of choice. I still don't know what I want to do, but I can try out some more jobs, see what fits. I mean, already by now knowing what I want to do, I've found out something about myself that I didn't know. I got the job at the Growing Place and realized that I am good with kids. So, who knows what other talents are laying dormant. As it says in another favorite movie: "Tomorrow is a new day." A new day in which to grow. So here's to undiscovered talents.
From My Utmost for His Highest:
God's end is to enable me to see that he can walk on the chaos of my life just now. If we have a further end in view, we do not pay sufficient attention to the immediate present: if we realize that obedience is the end, then each moment as it comes is precious. (July 28)
I guess the children's song that my mom taught us is true: "Obedience is the very best way to show that you believe."
Song of the day: "20 Miles to Georgia" --Josh Kelley
2 comments:
All the best on the job search!
thanks.
Post a Comment