I like my job. I'm pretty good at it. But I do love the weekend; and I hate to see it go. But that is what it is doing. It is Sunday night, and I start new hours (read earlier hours) tomorrow. But it has been a good weekend.
Friday was spent at a house that Abbi and Rupal were housesitting. Let's just say there were some ugly dogs there and move on.
Saturday, I did laundry almost all day; I seriously do not know where it all came from. And then, I headed out to the house that Lauren and Katie were housesitting, and we went to Sine Qua Non (sp????). We ended up back at the house with some others. We played Taboo. I love and hate this game. It is fun, but talent for it is inconsistent. My car almost didn't make it back up/down the driveway.
Sunday, I went to NewSpring with Abbi and Rupal. We ate at Panera. I love that restaurant. I took a SAN (Sunday Afternoon Nap). Good Sunday.
I'm trying to make it to Grey's Anatomy, but it is hard. I am stinking tired.
Why do churches try to copy each other? Why do some churches grow and some churches die? Why do some tactics work for some congregations and not for others? Why do people care so much about the types of music that are used in churches? Why do some churches almost apologize for using a hymn in a "contemporary service" while others won't even consider singing a praise/worship song? Aren't we missing the point somewhere?
Tomorrow starts a whole new week...next week might hold a trip to Barley's (yay).
I leave you with this song they sang @ NewSpring today:
Fix You - Coldplay
When you try your best but you don't succeed
When you get what you want but not what you need
When you feel so tired but you can't sleep
Stuck in reverse
And the tears come streaming down your face
When you lose something you can't replace
when you love some one but it goes to waste
could it be worse?
Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you
And high up above or down below
When you're too in love to let it go
But if you never try you'll never know
Just what you're worth
Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you
Tears stream down your face
When you lose something you cannot replace
Tears stream down your face
And I
Tears stream down your face
I promise you I will learn from my mistakes
Tears stream down your face
And I
Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you.
No comments:
Post a Comment