So, I feel that I've been remiss in telling this story. It isn't much, but it did cause me some embarrassment.
As you might know, I have begun work at daycare. Well, to work there, I had to attend CPR classes and get certified. I need to be able to save a life, ya know. Well, these classes took place at the Red Cross. I had to go there on Monday and Tuesday night this past week. The class on Tuesday ended two hours earlier than they had told me, so I headed on back home. As I was passing Walmart, I spotted someone walking along the other side of the road. It was Julie. She was walking back towards school. I did the whole, "Should I turn around? Does she want to walk back to school?" But it was quite dark by this time, so I thought I better at least attempt a good deed. So, I turned down the road you take to get back to school from Walmart. I found a driveway to pull into so that I could turn around. As I was backing out, I thought to myself, "What if I fall into a ditch?" Sure enough, I backed my precious Sopie too far and into the ditch. I was soundly upset. I tried to get out and found that I was indeed stuck. Then the embarrassment came. I had backed my car into a ditch and couldn't get it out. So, I sat for a second and thought about who I could call to help me. Ruth was the chosen one; so I placed the call. Luckily, she agreed to come. Well, by the time she arrived, several people had driven by me, only one stopping to see if I needed help, bless their hearts. Julie had also walked up. So, Ruth and I pushed/sat on top of Sophie (the right back tire was not making contact w/ the ground) while Julie started it and tried to drive out of the ditch. A car with a guy and a girl pulled up, and they got out and helped us the second go around. We succeeded the second time. I thanked everyone and took Julie back to the school. I felt like an idiot. Me, who takes great pride in my car backing skills. I ended up in a ditch. Luckily, no one ran into the side of me, since part of the car was still in the road, and the road isn't very wide. Luckily, the only thing that the car or I suffered was my humiliation.
So, there's my embarrassment for you to see.
I'm loving Dawson's Creek right now. Also, I still am watching Different World. Great mornings!!
No comments:
Post a Comment