This weekend I saw some of my best friends in the whole world. It was great. I won't say it was like old times because nothing will ever be like that glorious, bubble-protected time when we lived but a short walk away from each other. But over all, it was a good time. We participated in some of the Homecoming activities on Friday and Saturday. Then on Saturday, we had Lindsay's lingerie shower. Then we hung out for the rest night. It was fun (even if we talked about education and No Child Left Behind during our outing to Fatz). That said, I now just want everyone to come back. Let's turn back time. I know that SWU is annoying at times, and some people will deny their love for the place, but wasn't it better when we were all together? I just listened to "Sad Eyes." I kinda liked this song, but then at the end of last year, we had what can only be described as a dance party in a Apt. K, and Katie proceeded to sing that song very dramatically (even thought she didn't really know the words). Cary, in particular, that this was very funny. But now it just makes me wish we could relive that night again.
I know life must and does go on. And life isn't bad now. There are new friends in my life. I have an income (even though I could stand to make some more money, at a job that I like a little bit better). I am going home next week to see the parents and my little brother. The weather is getting colder, which always makes me love life a bit more. My sister is only a couple of minutes away. I am healthy. I have a car that I love, and that is running at the moment. It is just at times like this, when I get a taste of the old days, that I get a little lonely.
Now, I am going to remedy this bit of depression by taking my self to Starbucks and then driving over to SWU to visit w/ Laurs and Kris.
Song of the day: "Does He Love You"
No comments:
Post a Comment