Friday, July 18, 2008

The Universal Remote

A sad thing happend to me Wednesday night; my television remote control broke. An even sadder thing then happened -- the backup remote that I had (yes, backup remote, although that wasn't a planned decision) would not work, either. I thought maybe I could just replace the batteries on the original remote, so yesterday during my lunch break, I went to the store and bought triple A batteries (because all I had were double A and apparently that wasn't good enough). Got home, put the batteries in, still didn't work. Frustration!! Went to Walmart--AGAIN--bought a new universal remote and after about half-an-hour, I was once again the proud owner of a working television remote control, clicker, zapper, whatever you might call it.

Now, I am somewhat disturbed by the amount of time and frustration I spent with this particular project. I love watching TV, but I really questioned my dependency on it when the mere malfuction of a remote control can ruin my day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh dear Carmen I'm sure that was a traumatic moment for you. Remember that time you went to class with your remote in your back pocket. It makes me laugh even now. I'm glad your t.v. problem is now solved.