I was supposed to be driving to Georgia right now. But alas, plans have changed and the parents and my sister are going to be picking me up on Monday to join them on our whirlwind tour of the grandparents in SC and NC and then to the Georgia coast, finally to end up back in Macon for a few days. I will then rent a car for the first time in my life. Well, a new experience is a new experience.
I'm going to get my hair cut today. I've decided it must be done. Yesterday, I went with a friend to get her hair cut and colored, and now I must do something with mine. I've wanted to get it cut for a few months now, but I can't go right when I first start thinking about it. I have to wait until the moment I can't take it anymore and then end up cutting it a little shorter than I intended in the first place. It is the way I roll; I can't help it. It has been this way since college.
So, I just completed another week of being co-director. It is getting easier and more frustrating and better. On Tuesday, I spent the whole day (7am - almost 10pm) cleaning out our supply closet because we had three years of crap in there that no one was willing to take the time to get rid of. It is now clean, and there is actually floor space, and there is room on the shelves to put new things.
I will be gone for 2 and a half weeks, and I can't wait. It has been an eternity since I've taken that kind of time away from real life. When I was in high school, the family took a couple of 3 week vacations up the east coast to Maine, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island. They were awesome trips. And it was always fun to get away for such an extended time. Hopefully, I'll come back rejunvenated.
What my Ipod is playing: Josh Kelley Almost Honest
Carm
ps: The New Kids on the Block have a new song out...seriously.
1 comment:
You seriously had to clean out a closet for 15 hours? That's insane! I hope you're having fun on your road trip with your fam.
Post a Comment