It is a cold, clear evening. I was under the assumption that I would be spending this evening alone, in front of the tv. But, thanks to a great sister, I went out to eat and got to hang out with two great gals. Laurs' good friend from high school came up for a visit, and we went to Panera. I love that place.
I'm very excited. The John Mayer Trio cd comes out on the 22nd of this month. This makes me very happy. Another cd to add to the collection.
Confession: My cds have specific places that they go in my cd case. I sorted and organized them a year or two ago. I like to have them to be in their specified place so that when I'm riding down the road, and I need to change the cd I don't have to look too much at the case (safer driving). Also, if someone else is looking for a cd, I can point them in the right direction. Thogh my room might be a mess, I do love organization.
There was ice on the window this morning. How can it go from being mild to freezing? Answer me, HOW?? I just don't understand. Or as Sarah, a woman I used to work with @ my high school job, would say, "It just don't make no sense."
I just watched Garden State w/ the commentary on; the one with Zach Braff and Natalie Portman talking. It was very interesting. I'd venture to say it is one of my new favorite things. If you watched Garden State and loved it, take a chance on the commentary; I think you will like it.
I was thinking today about how my appreciation for good writing has improved. I used to read any old thing and not think anything about it. But like a year ago, I didn't have anything to read, so I just picked up this less than stellar Christian romance novel that was laying around the house. I couldn't even make it through a whole chapter. It was just painful to read. I don't know how the author got someone to publish her work. Couldn't the editor see that it was crap? Apparently not. So, I have become more of a literary snob than I knew. But I take pride in my grasp of the English language. I find it hard to focus when the person I'm talking to or that is just talking to me has really bad English. I mean, come on people; pay attention while in English class. And I don't think that people who don't know when to "was" and "were" correctly should not be allowed to be in management positions of any kind.
I'm aching to go to downtown G-ville. I haven't been in a while, and it is one of my favorite things to do, dang it. So I think I'm going on Saturday.
Tomorrow is Friday, and I'm glad.
No comments:
Post a Comment