Sunday, November 06, 2005

Revelation

I went home this weekend. I had a great time. My family is wonderful. I miss them a lot while I'm up here striking out on my own.

The whole weekend, I just felt like God was trying to say something to me. It definitely a time for me to reflect on somethings in my life that I haven't been happy with of late. Well, then on Sunday (today), I was struck with how empty I've felt for the past year or so. The church that I've been going to just isn't where I need to be. I have hesitated in changing churches because of convenience and the fact that my friends go there. But it is time to put those excuses aside, and move on. So, I'll be looking for a church.

During the offering, the lady who plays the piano played "He Touched Me." As I usually do, I was singing the words in my head, but then a man in the back of the church just started singing out loud and most of the others joined in. It was an amazing moment. I love the old hymns, and I'm afraid that they are going to be lost in the whirlwind of trying to find and sing the newest choruses. We should take time to cherish our past; embrace the hymns and make them our present again, along with the new songs.

No comments: