I decided that I needed to do something to recapture my love of reading. That's right, I love reading; correction, I used to love to read before four years of Honors English in high school and four years of college killed that love. But I am in pursuit of it again. So, here's the plan: 15 books between June 1st and September 1st. I think I can do it. I have a few books in mind to read, but I've chosen to just pick up random books that catch my eye. I am looking forward to this "adventure." My first book, which I started today, is Of Love and War by Steve Brown. I have owned this book for several years, but never read it. So far it is alright, so we'll see.
Went hiking on Monday (Memorial Day). Kris and I went to Table Rock. We headed out, not really aiming for making it to the top, but just getting past the half-way point. We might have made it to the top for real (even though it was pretty dang hot), but three things happened to hinder our trek. 1) I had a headache which kept getting more and more intense; 2) Kris forced me to take two excedrins (which contain caffine) and I had two cups of coffee earlier in the day (which also contained caffine) and the combination of these two substances with caffine made my heart race and I thought at several times that I was going to faint (I'm sure the heat didn't help); and 3) There were RATTLESNAKES!!! and I don't like snakes. So, we made it past the half-way point and turned around. I did sorta save Kris's life. She almost stepped on a snake, not a rattlesnake, but still, and she stopped to determine what kind of snake it was. I, being of the thought that one should move away from the snake before stopping to see what knid of snake it is, grabbed her backpack and pulled her away from the snake. You're welcome, Kris.
My new favorite show: 5 Takes on the Travel Channel....makes me want to travel something fierce....so if anyone has spare change lying around and want to sponsor my purely recreational trip abroad, you can send your $ straight to me.
Loving me some Amos Lee...check it out.
No comments:
Post a Comment