Friday, April 21, 2006

Too Long

I realize that it has been a while since I posted. I've let several things pass by without any documentation. Let's see, what to write about first??

The Saturday after I went to the Nickel Creek concert, I plus a groups of friends went to see Josh Kelley at Erskine. First of all, we got a little lost on the way to the venue. The directions from Mapquest were crappy. We ended up making tons of turns and turn-arounds. We finally got there and realized that the getting lost was actually to our favor as there were two opening bands neither of which were really that good. The first one was like a cover band and just bad. The second one, which we caught after we came back from a side-trip to Subway, was better, but it was still not my cup of tea. And then we had a 45 minute wait while they changed the stage, getting it ready for Josh Kelley. We got spots right in front of the stage, which was good because the crowd was CRAZY. Several of them kept running into Katie. They kept trying to edge into our space. And they were not into the concert. It was a free concert for the Erskine students, so I guess that's the crowd you get for a free concert. But for those of us who drove there, paid to get in, and were really fans of the artist, it was annoying. But Josh Kelley delivered even with the horrible crowd. **Example of the horridness of the crowd: At one point, two boys started to dance with each other, and then they began to take each others shirt off. Then several of the other boys around them took their shirts off, and they thought it was a good idea to throw them up on the stage. Well, one of the boys decided to try to get the clothing back off the stage, and would hop up half-way on stage and grab at anything his hands could reach. Well, finally Josh Kelley kicked the last shirt away so the kid couldn't reach it. The boy jumped up on stage to get the shirt. That was just one of the annoying instances that happened. ** But after the show, we got pics with the band. So that was cool.

Last Thursday, I headed to Georgia for Easter. Laurs and I rode down together. It was a good time. Friday, Laurs and I went grocery shopping for Mom who had hurt her back earlier in the week and hadn't been able to do it. We had to brave their Walmart. This is my least favorite Walmart EVER. There are just so many people. And it is like that everytime I go; it is never not busy. And the people don't know how to work the self-checkouts. It is just crazy. But we made it. We cooked out that night (Laurs and I had veggie burgers); the dinner also included pasta salad, squash, pineapple, and strawberries. We were supposed to have baked beans, but we forgot to get them out of the oven. Saturday, us kids headed to Atlanta. We went to Little Five Points. JL and I had never been to that part of the city. It was pretty cool. I got two bracelets; one I paid for and the other one I didn't (the lady just gave it to me because I said I liked it; she gave Laurs one, too). After we walked around for a while and browsed the stores and Lauren had gotten all the shirts she had to get, we headed to Barnes & Noble. We love that place. Then it was off to Chipotle. It was so good. I greatly enjoyed my burrito. I had one with rice, chicken, cheese, and sour cream. So, good. Sunday was Easter, and Dad asked us to sing. So, we did. It was a good service. And then came Easter lunch. Let's just say that it ended with banana pudding, and it was good. We hung out a little later than we usually do when we have to come back because we were both off on Monday.

Monday was fun. Laurs and I walked. And then Meg and I went to Walmart, Plez-U (for gas), and then headed to The Grind (a coffee place). At the stoplight in front of the Ace Hardware store, my car decided that it didn't want to go anymore. We were able to get into the parking lot and tried to get it to start again, but alas, it was not to be. So, Meg had to call her hubby to come and get us. But, the day took another turn for the better when I headed with the sis and her roomie to downtown G-ville. The day had been really really hot, but it got cooler and walking around was great. I made the rule that we had to eat some where that was new to us all. We ate at Senor Wraps. It was pretty good. Then we walked downtown to the park, took some pics. Then we headed back to Central. We had to get my car first; luckily, it started, and I was able to get it back to my house.

There's the update.

Here's one of my favorites:
In line, in line, it's all in line
My ducks are all in a row
They do not change, the do not move
They have nowhere to go

I've been talking to a friend of mine
He says making money's just a waste of time
He's a lazy gent, he don't pay no rent
He's all bent out of shape from living in a tent
It's hard to hear what he has to say
'Cause everyone around me is just the same way...

One for a nickel and two for a dime
Time maybe be money, but your money won't buy time

(part of "Sun on the Moon" -- James Taylor)

No comments: